Dress Code Policies
We welcome you to New Focus Dance Academy. We request that students carefully observe and honor our dress code throughout the dance season. For the best dance experience and safety of all dancers, proper dress code must be followed in order to participate in class.
Studio dress code and grooming will be enforced at every level. It is important for students to abide by the dress code policy for the following reason:
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teachers, and the art of dance.
- Teachers must be able to see the dancer’s body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture and alignment.
- Please make sure hair is secured back and out of the face.
General Dress Code Guidelines
- Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance.
- No jewelry may be worn to class. Only small stud earrings are permitted.
- No loose fitting pants, jeans or t-shirts. No costumes or street clothing permitted in class. HIP-HOP is the only exception.
- To protect our dance floors, dance shoes must NOT be worn outside. Tennis shoes must be clean and not dirty if worn for HIP-HOP classes.
- Please have your dancer carry all of their dance shoes, dance wear and belongings in a dance bag. Please label everything with your dancer’s name to avoid misplaced items.
- Students must have a neat and tidy look at all times with all proper dance attire, shoes, tights, etc. at every class.
- We enforce good manners, respect, and proper behavior during class and in the lobby.